Contemplate the Size.

I felt like a tourist in my own country.  Sure, it was a country I'd deserted at the young age of four, and whose citizenship I gladly gave up and whose culture I shunned for the remainder of my life, but standing amongst these gigantic pillars of history made me feel ashamed.  I was sorry  repenting not knowing anything more of Vietnam and its people/customs than a handful of extensive phrases for ordering food. Needless to say, I tried to make up for this by immersing myself in anything that would help me learn about this beautiful country and its hospitable and eager-eyed people.  What better way than to visit monuments that used to house dynastic queens and kings? There was such a despondently oppressive air to the place, but it was situated amongst such wondrous countryside views.  And the architecture of the past proved more enticing than today's.  Surprisingly enough, I actually enjoyed doing and visiting many tourist-y attractions while in Vietnam.