We Are Far From Home, But We're So Happy.

I am slowly getting back into the groove of posting again (I owe much of it to a newly-formed friend, Dakota).  This past summer, I visited the country I most want to plant my roots and call home: Singapore.  As soon as we touched down in Changi Airport, I knew things were different.  There was something contrastive about the people and the aura of this country.  In the morning, we left to explore on foot and learned, quickly, that Singapore summers are dangerous if you aren't equipped with at least two changes of clothes and a lot of water.  Aside from being dehydrated, though, my eyes were starving.  Everything was beautiful, and loud, and grand.  My favourite places in Singapore were Clarke Quay, the Financial District, Sentosa, and Marina Bay (yes, all tourist spots).  I can't find the proper words to convey just how magnificent Singapore is, nor can I explain the unyielding grip it has on me.  All I know for certain is that I need to come back here and I need it to be an almost permanent vacation.